Saturday, June 26, 2010

Heinkel HE P.1078B - part 7

And the Eric Flugzeug-Werke's machines have begun to roll.

And already, I've experienced a lousy start. :(
I though I could get away with designing the wings without using formers.  Yeah right. 
After hours of wrestling with the paper, trying to get that stupid anhedral wingtip to assemble correctly, I got this sloppy excuse for a wing:


Man... that ain't gonna hold up.  It looks like it was made out of tissue paper.

I had to go back to the drawing board and whip up a set of wing formers..pronto!

And here's what I got:




I'd say they look darned good! 
I then reprinted the diagrams for the wings.   After cutting and wrapping them around these formers, here's what I got:


Pretty darned good improvement over the first wing prototype.  And sturdier too!


A little rest before I start with the fuselage.

No comments: