Monday, August 29, 2011

Gamilon Exterminator Class Destroyer - Part 6 (DONE!)

I've made a PDO file available for download.  You'll need to download install the Pepakura Viewer app ( to be able to open and print the contents of the PDO file.

What's nice about this is that the Pepakura Viewer will show you which piece goes to what part of the model.

You can download the file over at the Sci-Fi sub-section of the Downloads section at  If you haven't done so, you'll need to register and be a member (it's completely free and it won't send you any SPAM and other crap) to be able to have access to the Downloads section.

Gamilon Exterminator Class Destroyer - Part 5


I didn't bother coloring the edges of the model nor did I bother making joining strips.

Another thing I didn't remove are the Pepakura folding lines.  There are plenty of areas in the model that have no fold reference points that I had to include the folding lines.   I sure wish Tamasoft would eventually enhance Pepakura to allow the drawing of just the end points of those folding lines.

I have absolutely no idea what scale this model is. :)  And yes, it's not the same scale as the EDF destroyer.

By the way, I completely forgot to mention where I got the schematics for this.  Sorry about that.
You'll find the schematics for this ship at  Excellent site!  Anyway, if you check out the diagrams of this ship from that site, you'll notice that I also took some shortcuts to simplify the shape of the hull and make assembly easier.

But of course, there are still parts of that are an absolute P.I.T.A. to assemble.  The main fuselage mega-cannon pictured on top is one of them.  You'll need a lot of patience to assemble this part.

Other than the main cannon, the rest of the model is easy to make. 

I'll make the diagrams available soon.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Gamilon Exterminator Class Destroyer - Part 4

Done with the texturing and Pepakura unwrapping!

Unfortunately, time has run out for me... I'll have to wait till the next weekend to do the test build.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Friday, August 12, 2011

Gamilon Exterminator Class Destroyer - Part 2

Base texture / paint job done!
Now to work on the seam / outlines...

Gamilon Exterminator Class Destroyer - Part 1

Okay...before I resume work on the P.1106R, I'd like to revisit using patches doing the fuselage. 
My choice for this prototype is the Gamilon Exterminator Class Destroyer.

When I was a kid, one of my favorite anime show was StarBlazers (Uchuu Senkan Yamato).  Some months ago, I came across this very nice model of an EDF Destroyer

Here's how my build attempt turned out:

Very nice model.

Why not make a Gamilon counterpart for this one?

I started design by creating the general shape of the hull using patches:

Once satisfied, I let Metaseq generate the wireframe. 
After a couple of optimizations, here's what I ended up with:

Neat eh? 

I'm pretty much done with the UV mapping as well.  All I need to do is to finish making the textures, then Pepakura, then BUILD BUILD BUILD!

After that, I'll go back to the P.1106R!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Messerschmitt P.1106 R - Part 8

Been very busy lately... I could hardly find the time to get back to work on my test build.
The past two weekends, I was able to find some time to resume work.

Smoke started billowing once more from the smoke stacks of Eric Flugzeugwerk!

Anyway, long story short... I finally concluded that my design for this model is just too "unfun".  In the quest to produce a design that captures all the curves of the P.1106R, I got carried away and over engineered the fuselage.

Oh yes, it is buildable, as seen from my previous posts..but it was just not fun to build.

Hence I decided to cut my losses and start over.

But before I do so, I did my best to complete the wing and tail assembly.

So here it is... ver 1.0.

Stay tuned for ver 2.0!