Friday, August 12, 2011

Gamilon Exterminator Class Destroyer - Part 1

Okay...before I resume work on the P.1106R, I'd like to revisit using patches doing the fuselage. 
My choice for this prototype is the Gamilon Exterminator Class Destroyer.

When I was a kid, one of my favorite anime show was StarBlazers (Uchuu Senkan Yamato).  Some months ago, I came across this very nice model of an EDF Destroyer

Here's how my build attempt turned out:

Very nice model.

Why not make a Gamilon counterpart for this one?

I started design by creating the general shape of the hull using patches:

Once satisfied, I let Metaseq generate the wireframe. 
After a couple of optimizations, here's what I ended up with:

Neat eh? 

I'm pretty much done with the UV mapping as well.  All I need to do is to finish making the textures, then Pepakura, then BUILD BUILD BUILD!

After that, I'll go back to the P.1106R!

No comments: