Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Henschel HS-132 - Part 6

Now to work on the wings.


First, as with the fuselage, I got rid of the left half of the wing and enabled X-Axis mirroring.
Then, using the Knife Tool, I got rid of all of the cross section segments save for the ones at the wingtips.  I'll be saving those for later after I BOOLEAN the wing to the fuselage.  For now, I'll leave them there.

And here is the result:

Looking at the wing cross section, I noticed that the trailing edge of the wing needs a little "sharpening".  I'll need to bring up the Knife Tool again to erase a couple of edges...

After erasing a couple of edges, here's what came out:
Much better!

Now, to use the BOOLEAN function by subtracting the Fuselage from the Wing, producing something like this:


Now, to revisit the wingtip. 
In my previous models, I always used an extra, separate piece for the wing tip.  For this model, I'll experiment with a single piece wingtip.  I'll do this by using some fancy vertex joins which is hard to describe in text.  So just look at the next image. :)



And here's the end result:

I guess that's it for now.



No comments: