Friday, April 19, 2013

Focke-Wulf VTOL - Part 7

Some more progress!

For this update, I worked on the exhaust vents for the propellers.

Creating the exhaust vents

If you recall in my earlier posts, one of the leftovers from the Boolean operations I did in creating the hole on the fuselage was the bottom cover of the fuselage.

I did a Boolean subtract operation to cut the engine base from the fuselage bottom cover.

I then took the knife tool to divide the bottom cover into strips.  For consistency, I didn't do any fancy Metaseq voodoo.  I just made some guestimates and hoped for the best.

After cutting the strips, I rotated each by 70 degrees.

This is how it turned out.

How it looks so far

Here's how the exhaust vents look when attached to the main model

Top view. :)

To do

  • Landing Gears
  • Wheel Wells
  • UV Mapping

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Focke-Wulf VTOL - Part 6

A very, very short update.
I've been ridiculously busy with work lately that I barely have time to extract enough brain juice to resume my design.

But over the weeks, I've done very small steps.  A polygon here, a vector there, a slice here, a slice there.

Eventually, I was able to finish the propeller shaft, propellers and base.

I'm afraid I was not able to record the steps I went through to produce this.

But I should be able to make a write-up on those steps when I get more time.

But for now, here's the latest picture of the model:

And here's a picture of the spinner assembly:

I'll try to put provisions that would allow the spinners to rotate. :)